Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

How do I file a money judgment without a lawyer ?

property settlement since 2008 from divorce and amount is $ 3 , 025 . 00

Saint Clair Shores, MI -

Find Out More

Henry S. Gornbein

Henry S. Gornbein

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Birmingham, MI

Your question raises questions. First a divorce judgment governs. Does your judgment specify the amount that is owed? If so, then you can take steps with the court to enforce the judgment including any amounts owed. Talk to an attorney for more advice and information. Good luck to you.
Henry Gornbein

Sponsored Listing
John F. Brennan

John F. Brennan

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Saint Clair Shores, MI

File a show cause in the court where the divorce was granted to enforce the judgment. You would be wise to engage as attorney to assist yourself. Call my offices or another attorney of your choice for counsel and an appointment. l

Peter L. Conway

Peter L. Conway

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Lapeer, MI

If the provision for $3,025 is contained in your divorce judgment, you already have a money judgment. Now the question is, how do you enforce the judgment.

I understand that you are not dealing with a lot of money and you would prefer to not pay it all to another attorney. That said, it may be in your best interests to consult either with the lawyer help your divorce or another lawyer so that you can learn some of the things that will help you to be successful in court.

Not that you asked, but it interest can be awarded, at the discretion of the judge, on payments that are overdue and that are owed pursuant to a judgment.

It if I can be of further assistance, please call me at (810) 664-1388.

The best of luck to you.

Peter Conway

Sponsored Listing
Rebecca Lynne Melone

Rebecca Lynne Melone

Family Law Attorney - Reston, VA

A simple show cause hearing will likely show she is in default, hold her in contempt, and give her a set time period in which to pay. An attorney can assist you in drafting the right documents, ensuring procedural requirements are met, and conducting the hearing.