Skip to main content

How do I file a claim in small claims court?

Ashburn, VA |

I have performed a service for a client (contractor) and sent them an invoice at the end of November where the terms were "due upon receipt". They have told me several times that a check will be mailed to me. To date I have not received payment. They have told me that they will send payment by the end of this week. If they do not send payment I would like to proceed with small claims court since the amount is less than $5,000. My business is located in Loudoun County and the contractor is located in Fairfax County. Where would I file with small claims court?

Attorney Answers 1


Go to the Fairfax County Small claims court, and ask the clerk for the forms.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics