How do I fight and win against false charges without witnesses?

Asked 10 months ago - Aurora, IL

The officer told me to go get my friend cash from his Grandma. I went, as the officer watched, as stated in his report. The grandma didn't give me the cash and I told the officer that truth. The officer got hostile and started accusing me of stealing. He got loud and started yelling at me. I told him I don't have a reason to lie and don't fuc*ing accuse me, I don't have to lie. He then told me I was under arrest for criminal trespass. I said for what, he said for yelling at me and lied in the report saying I was not supposed to be in the grandma's apartment building, but I lived there. He gave me a second charge of disorderly conduct for allegedly yelling at him. I had 2 witnesses but both moved. 911 wasn't called on me but my friend and the officer had no false witnesses. I need help.

1. Melissa I. Smejkal

5

Answered . Start by hiring an attorney.

2. Matthew William Hoffmann

4

Answered . You should consult with a criminal defense attorney in your jurisdiction who can defend you against these charges. Hopefully they can get in touch with the witnesses who moved.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . As I recall from your earlier post, with facts and details LOTS different from these, you indicated you have a public defender. That IS your help.

4. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

4

Answered . You need to talk to your court-appointed attorney.

5. Steven J Sherlag

4

Answered . I'm not an Illinois lawyer, but I can tell you that you need to meet with an experienced lawyer to garner the types of evidence and argument to give yourself a fighting chance. Cases can be won or lost without witnesses, remember it's the government's burden to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

6. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

3

Answered . Consult directly with an attorney. This is what trials are for.