How Do I fight a Ticket that I received from Texas that I plead not guilty for and will not be able to make the court date?

Rhome, TX |

I live in New York and while I was on vacation , I was pulled over for speeding in Rhome, Texas and the officer saw an open bottle in the backseat which warranted them probable cause to search the car. They searched my journal and saw that my passenger had received a ticket for drug paraphernalia, and gave us both tickets for drug paraphernalia, meanwhile we had nothing on us to warrant those tickets. Which is why I plead not guilty for that charge.

If you do not hire criminal defense counsel in TX, and do not appear there for court hearings, a warrant will be issued for your arrest. While most states do not extradite for misdemeanors, this will hang over your head and adversely affect you until it is taken care of. Hire defense counsel in TX

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

I strongly suggest that you retain a Texas criminal defense lawyer to handle this for you.

While Rhome is a small town, there are many excellent criminal defense lawyers in the DFW area.

Avvo is a good place to begin a search. Or, you might consult a lawyer there in New York for assistance with finding a Texas attorney.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Traffic tickets topics