How do I fight a red light ticket if there is no evidence / image? What do I say or do?

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Traffic tickets

I received a notice of "impending default judgement" in the mail today on a red light ticket with the violation date of 3/27/13; back in April/May I received the original notice of the ticket with no picture. I immediately looked up the ticket online to see if there was an image and there wasn't. I requested the image be sent to my attention and was given an extension till I received the evidence. I never got the evidence but I did receive this notice today with penalties added on for lateness. How do I fight this?

1. Plead not guilty and request a hearing date. Or go to the DMV and do the same.
    Or hire an attorney to do it for you!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

2. You are about to have judgment entered against you because you failed to respond with a "not guilty" response to the ticket. Move quickly.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

3. Contact a local DMV lawyer to help fight the case. You need to plead not guilty and request a hearing.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Traffic tickets topics