How do I fight a false sexual harassment accusation?

New York, NY |

On Friday April 19th I was informed by a friend (Mr B.), that the CEO (Ms E) of a PR company i was recently had been working for, (told him) "I was inappropriately touching her employees (2 young women), leading one of them to quit her firm."
This accusation was one of FIVE false, and baseless accusations against me that Ms E had intimated to MR B. Although each one is quite inflammatory, this one is beyond the pale, and has paralyzed me with anger and frustration.

My question is how do I aggressively fight this claim?
I have already confirmed with one of the women (the one who had resigned), that this isn't true, she never complained about me to anyone inside our outside of the company. Further she never felt uncomfortable around me, and left the PR firm due to her dis-like of Ms E.

Significantly, it appears that the claims of sexual harassment do not come from the supposed recipients of that conduct but from a third person. IF you are on good terms with the two women of whom you are accused of inappropriately touching, see if both will give you a sworn affidavit that simply states that at no time prior to the giving of the affidavit did you touch '[that person] in an inappropriate, sexual, nor-unconsented to manner or way. Then, once having those affidavits, then next thing to do is to send Mrs. E a "Cease and Desist" letter. It may be best to have an attorney obtain the affidavits and send the C and D letter.

2. This is a very serious case that you should speak to experienced local counsel about. It is too broad in scope and too serious a case to get a significant meaningful answer in an online forum due to it's highly fact intensive nature. To start look on avvo for local employment discrimination and sexual harassment attorneys and then set up some appointments.

Good Luck

This answer does not constitute a legal consultation, or definitive answer, nor does it establish a lawyer client relationship. Each case, controversy, or situation is factually different and requires particularized evaluation.

3. Have the women write a letter to your boss stating that this is not true.