How do i explain my employer about my new status and change my SSN?

Asked over 1 year ago - Charleston, SC

i was approved for DACA now I know i have to update my information with my employer for taxes purposes and because it iligal to continue using the tax id ( I think) and or other number when you are granted a SSN. What do i tell my employee?. when i need to update my W-4 and I9. ? what if they ask why i have a new SSN and why does it say valid with work permit only and the "other one didnt". my employer is in virginia ( HR) but i live in SC, i work from home. my taxes n everything are done here. but my pays come from overthere.

so i dont get fired for giving falfe information. ( they do have a copy of my ""SSN and ID'' from when i first applied 4 years ago) a made up one of course

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . By telling them the truth.

2. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . You can tell them you had a taxpayer ID number and now you have a social security number.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . By disclosing the true facts to the employer.

4. Simone Rosemarie Coley

1

Answered . Inform the employer that you have a social security number.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.