How do i evict my roommate without rental agreement

Asked over 4 years ago - Sunrise, FL

How will ,I evict my roommate without an rental agreement

1. Dennis Andrew Chen

Pro

Answered . Take a look at the Florida Landlord-Tenant act. For non-payment of rent you should deliver a three day notice then file an eviction action in the county court. Most county courts have an eviction packet to allow you to fill out the forms yourself.

If the roommate is paying rent then you can terminate the lease by giving written notice pursuant to this Fla. Stat. section then file the eviction action:
    83.57 Termination of tenancy without specific term.--A tenancy without a specific duration, as defined in s. 83.46(2) or (3), may be terminated by either party giving written notice in the manner provided in s. 83.56(4), as follows:

(1) When the tenancy is from year to year, by giving not less than 60 days' notice prior to the end of any annual period;

(2) When the tenancy is from quarter to quarter, by giving not less than 30 days' notice prior to the end of any quarterly period;

(3) When the tenancy is from month to month, by giving not less than 15 days' notice prior to the end of any monthly period; and

(4) When the tenancy is from week to week, by giving not less than 7 days' notice prior to the end of any weekly period.