Skip to main content

How do I evict my 24 yr old daughter, who refuses to leave?

Houston, TX |

She and her husband moved in a year ago because she had a high risk pregnantcy and unable to work. Now my granddaughter is 1 yrs old. My daughter is very lazy & all we do is argue about the cleanliness of my apartment. She refuses to and countinues to destroy my belongings. How do I have her removed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You live in Houston. You must go to your local small claims court in your neighborhood and file eviction papers on her. The court clerk will help you and explain the process to you. Unfortunately, the clerks are used to hearing your problem. Each court has a different policy on evictions. Some require mediaton first. Good luck!

Attorney Brochstein is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that this is not a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific problem.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer