How do I evict an adult child from my house?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Standish, MI

He pays no rent. I have asked him to leave and he refuses.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Neil M. Colman


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Contact an attorney who has experience in the general practice of law, or who specializes in landlord/tenant matters. You would have to provide your son with a 30 Notice to Terminate Tenancy and proceed in a certain manner thereafter. There are certain requirements that must be adhered to, and I believe the matter will proceed much smoother with representation by an attorney who is familiar with this area of law. It is a bit more complicated than you might otherwise believe.

    Neil M. Colman

    Mr. Colman is licensed to practice law in Michigan. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,486 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,486 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering