How Do I Evict A Current Tenant?

Watsonville, CA |

Ive been wanting to evict a current tenant from my rental property, but i never knew the process. they have always been late on rent and we have tried to contact them for about a month now because they have not paid the rent this month. we have gone to the property and knocked on the door and also called them to see if they are still occupying the property and they have yet to contact us back. what can i do at this point?

1. You have to serve a proper notice to pay or quit followed by the filing of an unlawful detainer action to obtain a judgment for possession. I would recommend hiring a local attorney to help. Usually, they charge a flat fee of between $600 to $1000 for a simply unlawful detainer action.

THIS RESPONSE IS INTENDED TO CONVEY GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON OR TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE. FURTHER, THIS RESPONSE IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

2. I handle evictions on a regular basis. You need to serve them with a proper three day notice and then file an unlawful detainer case for non-payment of rent. Feel free to call me to discuss.