Skip to main content

How do I eradicate the use of a legal guardian?

Sarasota, FL |

I am a 24 year old male with a legal guardian. I was appointed a guardian after my grandfather petitioned the courts, so that I could not leave the Rehabilitation Facility that I was in at the time. Which is now under investigation for insurance fraud. At this time in my life I do not feel a guardian is necessary. He is a real pain, and will not let me get my driving license.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should have been appointed an attorney at the beginning of the guardianship proceedings. You should contact that attorney, or another guardianship attorney. You will need an attorney. A guardianship attorney can help you explain to the Court that your capacity has been restored, and you are no longer in need of a guardian.

  2. In order to restore your legal rights, the Court would have to set aside the Guardianship. Your feelings about it aside, you will need legal proof to support the allegations. You need to hire an attorney to file these pleadings.

    The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505

  3. You will want to hire an Attorney to help you handle this matter and you would need to Petition the Court to allow for your Guardian to be removed. If you look back at the Court Docket you should be able to find the Attorney who was appointed to represent you in the original Guardianship and that would be a good place to start.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics