How do I easily find a lawyer to take my Personal Injury Case. It is a rear end accident where I was a passenger with Preexist?

Poway, CA |

It takes a lot of time to interview and be interviewed. The case has a number of issues and has progressed from a badly done complaint by a paralegal to a long time frame and is out of my local area. The insurance company is unyielding and wants to take me to trial as a pro-per or force to accept a BELOW COSTS offer. Also, with the preexisting conditions and a second accident, I can see the trepidation on the attorney's part, but would like an opportunity to get it resolved rather than yield to what I NOW UNDERSTAND is typical tactics and guess generally works, I'm guessing because they know that counsel will be difficult or impossible to find? Any suggestions, solutions or attorneys available?

WOW thanks for some great answers and help. Is anyone willing to do what Robert Kopelson recommended and then distribute it on a large scale to find SOMEONE willing to take the case and help out? I can probably gather a few bucks to do that. Reputable lawyers say this is worth 12K to 25K which makes it financially not a good thing from a lawyer's perspective. They have done a CCP998 and repeatedly offered $4,300 BELOW COSTS - but someone should be able to win an award above that in trial on a rear end accident? I would hope that there are or can be ways to ARGUE and WIN LEGAL fees at some point and NOW seems like a good time as opposing lawyer for defendant is asking for sanctions and legal fees and costs, so fair would be to OPPOSE MOTION and file counter MOTIONS to get a RULING FOR COSTS NOW as to the unfairness of the case in Pro Per - I can and do talk forever on this unfortunately. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE - ALLSNAKE is in the HOUSE!!

Use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" feature and you can get an experienced personal injury lawyer in your area to help you.

Based upon what you have posted, it may be challenging to find counsel to take the case to trial. The best thing is to organize the file, so an atty can quickly and easily review it. Liability, property damage, injuries and treatment records, pre accident conditions with records, medical bills/ EOBs showing what was billed and what was paid on the bills, wage loss verification, pleadings, discovery from deft, discovery to deft, depo transcript, defense med report if any, list of any scheduled court dates or other deadlines. You should find someone who handles personal injury cases, not a general practice lawyer. Look up the members of the county trial lawyers for the county in which the case is pending.

Not sure if I contacted you or not? Your answer is you take small cases. The search in itself is BRUTAL and similar to this question and answer.....the ALL IN is the guy as one lawyer answered but extremely difficult and had a court experience today, the pro-per is at a HUGE disadvantage and the lawyers/Insurance companies know and use this - PLEASE MORE LAWYERS BATTLE BACK!!! Last post above got cut as too long - this is another answer or email I sent and the rest I just wrote to edit above got LOST - OUCH!!

Keep trying.

Just tell us what happened. Maybe you have a good case, maybe not. I've tried cases that were as difficult as yours sounds and have gotten good results, but I'd need to know more.

What are the injuries? What was preexisting? Why is the offer so low? Did you *ever* have a lawyer or just a paralegal who drafted a complaint?

OK went back a couple of screens and its there now will try and cut and paste here - wish me luck!!WOW thanks for some great answers and help. Is anyone willing to do what Robert Kopelson recommended and then distribute it on a large scale to find SOMEONE willing to take the case and help out? I can probably gather a few bucks to do that. Reputable lawyers say this is worth 12K to 25K which makes it financially not a good thing from a lawyer's perspective. They have done a CCP998 and repeatedly offered $4,300 BELOW COSTS - but someone should be able to win an award above that in trial on a rear end accident? I would hope that there are or can be ways to ARGUE and WIN LEGAL fees at some point and NOW seems like a good time as opposing lawyer for defendant is asking for sanctions and legal fees and costs, so fair would be to OPPOSE MOTION and file counter MOTIONS to get a RULING FOR COSTS NOW as to the unfairness of the case in Pro Per - I can and do talk forever on this unfortunately. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE - ALLSNAKE is in the HOUSE!! 1-9-14 Wrote Kevin the following and not sure if appropriate but at this point need someone or anyone for a 1-17-14 Hearing in Dept 4 in El Dorado County which is FINALLY on their website - there is POSSIBLE CORRUPTION and I hope and PRAY there isn't but can't file a MOTION and have been denied even PRESENTING THAT - WHY??? Anyone willing to file that motion? After the 17th might be too late anyway and that ties into the bias theory that can't even get heard and not sure I can even argue it??? SO PLEASE HELP - I won't paste the other answer I sent privately as trying to keep this stuff more simple - but its a long huge story - SORRY - anyone please help? I am a mentally disabled person (BP) and therapist and everyone say just drop it...........better than the alternatives....does anyone believe or want to help

Christopher John Gansen

Christopher John Gansen

You still haven't really answered any of the questions I posed above. It's impossible to help you. That's too far a distance for any Southern Cal. lawyer, also.

Christopher John Gansen

Christopher John Gansen

Also, there's no way to "win legal fees." The fees come out of your settlement or a verdict/judgment. You can't get further fees absent sanctions. It seems this def. is playing hardball because they know they can. You're unable to get a lawyer and, it seems, have trouble even articulating the strengths and weaknesses of the case. Under those circumstances, if you were Allstate, would you just open your checkbook?

If I were Allstate I would pay a fair amount and that I guess is why we have lawyers and courts unfortunately, the costs are great - but I would be happy to discuss any of this IF YOU SERIOUSLY want to help and take the case - pro bono or win - if I had lawyer skills and felt as strongly as I do I would battle for a client and figure out a way to win lawyers fees, set some NEW LAW or precedent - work against the strong lobby of the insurance companies that have put some strong or wrong laws in place? Call me if you want to help 858-848-5352 Thanks.

Listen carefully to the attorney you hired to represent you or with whom you interview. You say "It takes a lot of time to interview and be interviewed". If the case is not worth your time and effort it seems the matter may not have merit.

The responses here are not intended as legal advice. Do not rely upon the responses herein. Consult an attorney. Strict time limits apply and failure to act within those time limits will result in a complete loss of all rights to seek legal redress.

You have come to the right site. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney in your city with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

There's really no easy way to find a lawyer because it takes time to find someone you can trust and someone that is "all in" on your specific case. It sounds like a lot of work has been done already which can be to a lawyers disadvantage. I am assuming that referral services and personal referrals have been exhausted. Contact your local Lawyer referral service and get as many PI referrals as you can and shop your case. I am confident you will know who the best lawyer for you is after a few interviews. The best of luck to you.

Call LRIS. Its the San Diego Lawyer referral service. You tell them your story once. They send out your contact information to qualified trial lawyers and they call you if they are interested.
-OR-
I have tried and won difficult cases with subsequent accidents/injuries and pre-existing conditions but without more details I am unable to decide whether I am able to help you or not.

There really doesn't seem to be a best answer to choose as I was unsuccessful. It is discouraging that justice costs so much to be represented, I guess I should ask who has room, space or time for pro bono to help? Or?