How do I dispute my car being towed in front of my house for having two flat front tires?

Philadelphia, PA |

Philly parking authority claimed the car was a hazard or abandoned because it has been parked in the same spot even though the car has proper paper work. The car does not have any damage or leaks.

I would suggest you check the ordinances of the City of Philadelphia concerning the regulations on street parking. Most municipalities have ordinances concerning length of time car may continuously be parked on a public street in one spot. If the car was currently licensed and inspected, it is not considered to be abandoned, either on public or private property.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only. More importantly, the information contained in this answer should not be relied on without first consulting with an attorney who practices in the related area in the related jurisdiction.

Mr. Geisenberger is a Pennsylvania-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Jacques H. Geisenberger, Jr., P.C.,does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege.

2. You don't - a vehicle with 2 flat tires left on the street is an automatic tow situation. You have no basis for denying the towing charges unless it had JUST happened and you were actively getting the repairs done at that time. It sounds like the car was just sitting there, which means you owe for the tow.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.