Skip to main content

How do I determine if I need to an attorney for a recent car accident?

Reno, NV |

I am not at fault (I was rearended) and the other party admitted fault and was sited by NHP. I have long term soft tissue injuries in my neck and back that will take months to just determine the prognosis.

Attorney Answers 3


First, you need to know that the Statute of Limitations in Nevada is 2 years for personal injuries such as this.

Insurance companies contest damages even when fault is clear. This is especially true in cases where the damage to the cars is considered to be a "minor impact" by the insurance company.

There are a lot of issues in car accident cases that an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you with. Such a lawyer can make sure that all available insurance is used to compensate you for the injuries you are suffering as a result of the accident. You can go to our website at for information on the types of insurance coverage available as part of auto coverage.

You should also check out for a discussion of how the insurance company will evaluate your claim. Additional information can be found on our site at

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


The other party;s insurer is in no way going to try to be fair or reasonable with you. They want to pay out as little as possible under any circumstance. And they will gladly stand by and watch as you unwittingly take actions that hurt your case. The lawyers who handle these cases usually offer free consultations and take these cases on a contingent fee basis. Do yourself a favor and get a good lawyer sooner rather than later. Good luck.

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow your doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to your medical records. Photograph your injuries and the damage done to any vehicle or other property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Most personal injury attorneys will provide you with a free legal consultation. I suggest that you take advantage of this service as soon as possible.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics