How do I determine if I had Adjudication of Guilt Withheld?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I entered a Pre-Trial Intervention program in 1989 and completed all requirements. My case was filed Nolle Prosequi. I believe I did not have Adjudication of Guilt Withheld since I was never found guilty, bt wanted to double check. Thank you.

1. Colleen M. Glenn

Pro

4

Answered . If you completed the program and received a nolle prosequi then you received neither an adjudication nor a which hold of adjudication. You case was dropped which is better than a withhold of adjudication.
    www.colleenglenn.com

2. Eugene Bullard Nichols

3

Answered . Google clerk where it happened. Get number for misdemeanor division of clerk's office. call them. see if they can send you a disposition report, if one still exists. If you got a nol pros, then the charges were dropped. You can petition to seal/expunge if this is the only incident in your life. Call or email with any questions.

Gene

3. Eric J Trabin

3

Answered . You neither had adjudication withheld nor were adjudicated guilty. Adjudication withheld is when you are sentenced on a case (either from a plea or trial) but aren't technically convicted. Your charges were actually dropped, which is far better than a withhold.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  4. Roger P. Foley

Pro

2

Answered . Order copy of disposition from clerk if court and get it certified because you will need anyway if you seal or expunge

5. Stanley Howard Orner

1

Answered . The very notion of your successfull completion of the Pre-trial Intervention program as you stated qualified you to receive a Nolle Prosequi, ie- no information will be filed and thus your case was dismissed. The court no longer has jurisdiction and thus has no authority to sentence you or make any findings.