How do I determine how many business are under a corporation in California and what the names of the corporate offices are?

This Corporation / Inc (person who incorporated) owns multiple auto repair shops / franchises from my understanding and I want to look up cases against this person, his corp, etc. Is there a central location that lists this type of information?

1. The Secretary of State of California keeps Statements of Information that indicate the officers on all corporations doing business in California that have filed the Statement. Copies of these statements are available for a fee to anyone who request a copy. This assumes that the corporation is filing the Statement for each entity that you are lookin up in California. There are also central data bases you can look into that I am not familiar with because I used a private investigator to perform this service for me. His name is Paul Katz and he can be reached at 323-653-9171.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The answer to question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. Mr. Smith is licensed to practice law throughout the state of California with offices in Los Angeles County. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States, and is also licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court. His phone number is 323-292-4116 or his email address is philsmithjr@worldclasslawyers.com.

2. I agree with attorney Smith, and would ad's that you will likely save time and money if you hire this done by an IP or business attorney.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

3. Many of the most populated counties in California operate websites for their County Court's that has a searchable online database of filed lawsuits. The searchable database for Los Angeles County is below.

The above response is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

4. You can get some basic information about the corporation from the California Secretary of State website. The direct line for the page you are looking for is http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Small business topics