Skip to main content

How do I defend myself on a DUI/Hit and Run if I am innocent

Norcross, GA |

I hit a tree on the way to the store. A neighbor called and reported it. I had some drinks after I returned home. An hour later I was arrested for DUI.

Attorney Answers 8

  1. Best answer

    Can you? Absolutely. Should you? Absolutely not. Contact an attorney right away to discuss your case. As you can see from the response to your post, there are many qualified attorneys standing by ready to serve you. An attorney can review your possible defenses and protect your rights. You also likely have some deadlines that need to be met if your license was suspended, so don't delay in reaching out to an attorney.

    Jamie Hernan
    Hernan Law Firm
    Telephone: (678) 275-4000
    Free initial consultations

    DISCLAIMER: This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationsip has been, or will be, created until a valid engagement agreement is signed. No duty arises from this posting. Answers posted here are general and made with limited knowledge of the actual facts of your case. Always speak with an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction if you wish legal advice specific to your case.

  2. You need to hire with an attorney as soon as possible to protect your license and give you the best chance to beat this case. Don't try to fight this thing yourself as there are all kinds of risks involved with representing yourself. It should be a strong case for a reduction to reckless driving, though I'd caution you that it's rare for prosecutors to agree to an outright dismissal. But if it's in your best interest to take the case to trial, you need an attorney who's willing to go all the way with you. Give us a call at 404-987-0245 if you would like to discuss your case in more detail at no charge. Best wishes to you.

  3. Contact a qualified dui attorney immediately to discuss your case. I would be happy to offer you a free consultation and discuss the details of your case.

  4. Don't try to defend yourself on a DUI. The nuances are too many and the consequences are too great for you to risk it. Call an experienced DUI attorney who will know how to go about structuring a defense. It certainly sounds like you will have a good defense.

    Our firm specializes in DUI defense and we would be happy to talk to you if you would like to give us a call. 678-376-5541

  5. You should consult an attorney. As the other attorneys have indicated DUI's involve scientific evidence. Most attorneys will offer a complimentary consultation.

  6. The other attorneys are correct that you need a lawyer to defend you. Hire one if you can afford it. If you cannot ask for a public defender to be appointed. Either way you need an experienced attorney to fight on your behalf.

    The information provided is not intended as legal advice and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you are in the greater Sacramento area and wish a further consultation please contact me at (916)594-9442.

  7. We see these alot. Single car accidents where the police show up sometimes hours later and charge a person with DUI. The must prove you were drinking at the time of the accident, and this is often hard to prove. Often, we use that as leverage to get the charges reduced to avoid trial and get a more certain outcome, although jurors in most areas are hesitant to convict on these non-traditional DUI cases. Hire a lawyer now.

    The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

DUI accidents topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics