How do I defend myself from FALSE ACCUSATIONS by another student at university?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

A student at my Florida university has filed a "no-contact" order against me without reasonable grounds or provocation. This is an attempt by the other student to discredit me with my peers and damage my reputation with the university.

The administration has not informed me why they concluded issuing this order was justifiable WITHOUT contacting me to explain prior to its issuance or how they investigated -- if at all -- the unknown allegations the other student provided.

ARE THERE ANY remedies that compel/ requires an educational institution to provide me with a detailed report explaining the disciplinary actions it issues? I've been given NO REASON for this action and there was NO INVESTIGATION!

HOW do I defend myself against these FALSE and DISTRESSING accusations?

Thank you!

I have found a similar case where a party successfully sued another for 1.) false light invasion of privacy, 2.) defamation, and 3.) intentional infliction of emotional distress, for making similar claims to their neighbors and community via a "newsletter" that was distributed in their community.

Is it possible to sue the other student for the same/ similar?

Thank you.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . These are difficult and dangerous circumstances and you need far more and more intensive legal advice than can be properly provided to you here on this site. It is important that you not publish any further factual matter about this situation here or on another public site. If this situation is not effectively managed you can find yourself expelled with many terrible and long-reaching consequences, and you can also find yourself in criminal court defending against very serious charges. Please, do the right thing for yourself. Find a good lawyer and consult privately on all of the critical issues that are framed by these circumstances.