How do I defend myself against an unlawful sexual contact charge?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boulder, CO

On April 1, 2013, I went to a dentist's office in Boulder, CO to have my teeth cleaned. Shortly after arrival I was taken back by the Dental Hygienist to begin cleaning my teeth. Although the room was open, there were barriers so no one could directly see in. I reclined back in the Dental chair and the Dental Hygienist sat on my right and began polishing my teeth. No one else was present. The Dental Hygienist had numerous tattoos on showing on her. The Dental Hygienist passed her right forearm in front of my face and I asked to look at the writing. It was in script so I held her forearm and held it closer so I could read it. The police officer told me that I am being charged with knowingly touching the Dental Hygienist's breast with my elbow while looking at her tattoo.

1. Kent Joseph Leier

8

Answered . In no way should you try and handle this matter yourself. Defending sex offenses is very specialized work even for an experienced criminal defense attorney. It sounds like your case may be very defensible, but there is too much at stake to handle this matter on your own.

The Leier Law Office, LLC
    Kent J. Leier

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

7

Answered . You do not defend yourself EVER against a charge as serious as that. Even if you were an attorney yourself, you would not defend yourself. This carries so many different ramifications, you simply MUST hire a criminal defense attorney or apply for the Public Defender.

3. Nicholas Lubchenco

6

Answered . The simple answer is "you don't." This is a charge that could ruin your life. You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney who has tried sex offense cases. If you cannot afford an attorney, apply for a public defender. You definitely need someone who can help you and fight for you.
    Many criminal defense attorneys give free consultations. Give one or more of us a call and find someone you like and can afford.

Best of luck