How do i defend my son /self in a civil hearing automobile accident?

Asked over 3 years ago - Spring Grove, PA

making a u turn in a marked no u turn lane..hit broadside disabling vehicle and damaging rear wheel and fender areas. other driver jumped out and apologized. police were called and report states that car no1 was at fault for going too fast and car no2 was allso a contributor to the accident for disobeying a traffic device.. report states car no 1 more at fault... i have all paperwork ( towing bill, filing fees , denial by ins.& estimate of damage to car no2). do i need anything else? what can i expect or be aware of before hearing. we are taking a witness and they have an attorney..

1. Michael James Reed

1

Answered . Without having all of the specifics of your case, I can only recommend to at least consult with a local attorney you prefer to go over you case in depth and to conclude to a best course of action for your hearing. There may or may not be several other variables that may ultimately require to you have your own attorney present to lend their knowledge of the law.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

Reed Law Office
    212 West Gay Street
    West Chester, PA 19380
    610-696-2600
    ReedPALaw@gmail.com

2. Clifford L. Tuttle Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . This is not the kind of case you should be handling on your own. Since the other side is represented, you may lose this case if you try it yourself.

Clifford L Tuttle, Jr
    Attorney at Law
    Pittsburgh, PA

3. Leo Michael Mulvihill Jr.

Answered . I can only reiterate the above advice - you really should hire an attorney. It may be the case that you lose and end up paying more in a judgment than an attorney would cost.

If you don't know one or might have issues affording an attorney, call the York County Lawyer Referral Service - (717) 854-8755. They should be able to assist you finding a lawyer.

Note: This post is for educational purposes only. I am not your lawyer.