How do I contest the validity of marriage to immigration

Escondido, CA |

I married my husband from the philippines. I brought him here on a K1 visa and he now has a conditional status. We separated after 9 months and I told him to leave and find himself. He decided to move to Utah to be with friends a year ago. He has not come back or made any attempts at such. Recently he posted a singles add stating he is divorced and looking on the same website he met me on. I firmly believe that he used me and that this was his plan all along. While he was with me he nearly refused to have a job and on a daily basis stressed me out to the point of needing antidepressants and antianxiety meds. He was abusive to me, but at the time our church had insisted that I deal with it within their bounds. That he just had misunderstanding. I want him deported.... but how?

If you suspect he married you solely for the purpose of obtaining immigration benefits, you can contact Immigration and Customs Enforcement or the local USCIS field office where his adjustment of status interview was held. These offices can investigate the matter and act accordingly.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654,, The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

Report him to ICE. This is all you can do.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You cannot get your husband deported.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Besides calling ICE (and they may or may not act on your call); you can divorce him and leave him to fend for himself when it comes time to "remove conditions" on his residency.

Note that you may still be on the hook for I-864 support as long as he is living in the U.S., or until he has been credited with 40 work quarters or become a citizen.

Law Office of Mary K. Neal | || 773-681-1335 This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

Recommended articles about Divorce