How do I contest the validity of marriage to immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - Escondido, CA

I married my husband from the philippines. I brought him here on a K1 visa and he now has a conditional status. We separated after 9 months and I told him to leave and find himself. He decided to move to Utah to be with friends a year ago. He has not come back or made any attempts at such. Recently he posted a singles add stating he is divorced and looking on the same website he met me on. I firmly believe that he used me and that this was his plan all along. While he was with me he nearly refused to have a job and on a daily basis stressed me out to the point of needing antidepressants and antianxiety meds. He was abusive to me, but at the time our church had insisted that I deal with it within their bounds. That he just had misunderstanding. I want him deported.... but how?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Report him to ICE. This is all you can do.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you suspect he married you solely for the purpose of obtaining immigration benefits, you can contact Immigration and Customs Enforcement or the local USCIS field office where his adjustment of status interview was held. These offices can investigate the matter and act accordingly.

    Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (... more
  3. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot get your husband deported.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  4. Mary Kathleen Neal

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Besides calling ICE (and they may or may not act on your call); you can divorce him and leave him to fend for himself when it comes time to "remove conditions" on his residency.

    Note that you may still be on the hook for I-864 support as long as he is living in the U.S., or until he has been credited with 40 work quarters or become a citizen.

    Law Office of Mary K. Neal | || 773-681-1335 This answer is... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,257 answers this week

3,533 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,257 answers this week

3,533 attorneys answering