How do I contest the validity of marriage to immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - Escondido, CA

I married my husband from the philippines. I brought him here on a K1 visa and he now has a conditional status. We separated after 9 months and I told him to leave and find himself. He decided to move to Utah to be with friends a year ago. He has not come back or made any attempts at such. Recently he posted a singles add stating he is divorced and looking on the same website he met me on. I firmly believe that he used me and that this was his plan all along. While he was with me he nearly refused to have a job and on a daily basis stressed me out to the point of needing antidepressants and antianxiety meds. He was abusive to me, but at the time our church had insisted that I deal with it within their bounds. That he just had misunderstanding. I want him deported.... but how?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Report him to ICE. This is all you can do.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

7

Answered . If you suspect he married you solely for the purpose of obtaining immigration benefits, you can contact Immigration and Customs Enforcement or the local USCIS field office where his adjustment of status interview was held. These offices can investigate the matter and act accordingly.

3. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . You cannot get your husband deported.

4. Mary Kathleen Neal

2

Answered . Besides calling ICE (and they may or may not act on your call); you can divorce him and leave him to fend for himself when it comes time to "remove conditions" on his residency.

Note that you may still be on the hook for I-864 support as long as he is living in the U.S., or until he has been credited with 40 work quarters or become a citizen.