How do I contest my father's will when it was just put in probate 12/4/12 and it is a fraud?

Gainesville, FL |

My younger sister just entered into the courts and she stated that he left me a 1.00. There is no clause for contesting and the signatures are a fraud. The will was dated for 2005 and he was living with me then, also she had a sworn complaint brought against her for with drawing large sums of money from his accounts.

1. You hire an attorney. That's the way to contest a will.

Don't take anything written here as legal advice.I am happy to offer my thoughts free of charge, and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about representing you. Please be aware, though, that at this point we have not established an attorney-client relationship. An attorney client relationship requires me to agree in writing to represent you. Unless that happens, you shouldn’t take anything I say to be legal advice or make any decisions based on it.

2. You need to hire an attorney NOW.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button

3. I agree with my colleagues. You have a complicated and messy situation. You are not going to be able to handle this without the assistance of a very skilled probate attorney.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

4. You need to hire a skilled probate attorney that practices in the county where the probate is being administered. I see you are from Gainesville. If that is where the probate is, Sam Boone is a great probate attorney. His website is http://boonelaw.com/. Best of luck to you.

Wills and estates topics