How do I contest my father's will when it was just put in probate 12/4/12 and it is a fraud?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gainesville, FL

My younger sister just entered into the courts and she stated that he left me a 1.00. There is no clause for contesting and the signatures are a fraud. The will was dated for 2005 and he was living with me then, also she had a sworn complaint brought against her for with drawing large sums of money from his accounts.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jeramie J. Fortenberry

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You hire an attorney. That's the way to contest a will.

    Don't take anything written here as legal advice.I am happy to offer my thoughts free of charge, and I would... more
  2. Marian Audrey Lindquist

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to hire an attorney NOW.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be... more
  3. Stephanie Sauer Woods


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to hire a skilled probate attorney that practices in the county where the probate is being administered. I see you are from Gainesville. If that is where the probate is, Sam Boone is a great probate attorney. His website is Best of luck to you.

  4. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You have a complicated and messy situation. You are not going to be able to handle this without the assistance of a very skilled probate attorney.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,135 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,135 answers this week

3,050 attorneys answering