How do I commit a relative to the hospital if they are completely crazy out of control?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Mateo, CA

My daughter is 27 and needs help. She weighs about 85 pounds, not taking care of her 2 small children and needs some help. How can I help her

1. John David Laurie

Pro

4

Answered . Ok I do not want you to think that I am avoiding this question but you have several options and they all have different effects. I would suggest that you go to an attorney in your area and talk with them. You need to see what the underlying problem is and this is a serious matter. It requries in my opinion a face to face with knowledgeable people who can advise you. You may also want to consult with medical professionals. You need to address the underlying problem and also deal with her kids. A social worker may also be a good person to talk with. I have known others who have delt with similar issues and I wish you the best of luck and make sure that you are comfortable with the way you chose to go.

2. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

3

Answered . Cal the police and explain the situation. She may have to be involuntarily committed. Best of luck.

3. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

2

Answered . Should one know of an adult that is a danger to himself/herself or others... the police may be helpful in getting such an adult involuntarily committed for medical/psychiatric evaluation... California's Adult Protective Services may also be of help... http://www.cdss.ca.gov/agedblinddisabled/PG1298...

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306
    Corona, CA 92833
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.
    *** If you enjoy my posts, enjoyed a consultation with me, or are a happy satisfied client, please give me an Avvo recommendation/review.

Pro

2

Answered . Call police to inquire about involuntary committment

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

1

Answered . Consult with an attorney specializing in Health Care and/or family law.