How do I collect my judgement against my former employer if they lose at trial next month?

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

I am a pro se litigant and I go to trial next month against my former employer for employment discrimination/retaliation. I was under protected activity, i suffered adverse actions because of protected activity, the two are casually connected, and no other situated employee suffered employment action. If I'm awarded judgement and my former employer is liable for damages. What is the most recommended/quickest method of collecting my judgement.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jason Wade Barnette

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Get an attorney - really. A jury trial is no place for a self-represented litigant. If you lose, fees and costs could be pinned on you.

    I am not your attorney nor is any answer I may provide legal advice. You may contact me directly for legal advice... more
  2. Herbert J Tan

    Contributor Level 17
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You have to wait for the judgment and/or order issued by the court. With that said, the losing party does have a right to an appeal in most situations.

    Herbert Tan, Esq.

    The National Newark Building
    744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
    Newark, New Jersey 07102
    (973) 735-2681 (W)
    (973) 735-2682 (F)

    Manhattan Office
    305 Broadway, 14th Floor
    New York, New York 10007
    (888) TAN-LAWS

    Member of National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,350 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,350 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering