How do I collect money owed for property damage that is a result of a hit and run car accident?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tacoma, WA

Over a year and a half ago I was the victim of a hit and run, I did not at the time have insurance and the woman who hit me also did not have insurance. I filed a claim for property damage within the 180 days of the accident.

1. Kevin Coluccio

5

Answered . With whom did you file the claim? If the woman did not have coverage, it may be difficult to collect any money. You should make contact with her in writing and request payment for your damages.

2. Bret A. Schnitzer

4

Answered . See an attorney in your State. You could consider suing her for damages.

3. Michael Lynn Walker

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Consult with an attorney to handle this matter.