Skip to main content

How do I collect money owed for property damage that is a result of a hit and run car accident?

Tacoma, WA |

Over a year and a half ago I was the victim of a hit and run, I did not at the time have insurance and the woman who hit me also did not have insurance. I filed a claim for property damage within the 180 days of the accident.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. See an attorney in your State. You could consider suing her for damages.

    You should consult an attorney in your State at once. This response does not constitute legal advise outside the State Of Michigan and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship with our offices. It is for informational use only of the general laws in the State of Michigan, only. To retain our offices, you need to sign a contingency contract with us. We do offer free consultations and we can refer clients to lawyers in your State if you call us. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think.

  2. With whom did you file the claim? If the woman did not have coverage, it may be difficult to collect any money. You should make contact with her in writing and request payment for your damages.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. Consult with an attorney to handle this matter.