How do I clear eviction from my last apartment that is harming my credit to get another apartment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My girlfriend and I were renting an apartment and moved out before our lease was up. The apartment complex keeps asking us to pay over $3000. We don't have that kind of money and need to move into another apartment but the eviction and bad credit shows up and keeps us from getting one. Is there a way we can approach them to see if they will settle for less so we can get it off our record?

1. Kevin Matthew Koel

1

Answered . Yes, you can approach them and see if they'll accept less in exchange for full settlement and release of the matter, including the eviction judgment. Once settled, the landlord must release the judgment by filing a satisfaction or release with the court.
    You should have an attorney draft you a mutual and settlement agreement to cover all of your bases.