Skip to main content

How do I Claim my Injury some one Car hit me when i was walking on the Road?

Montville, NJ |

I was hit by a car owner, then i was admitted to hospital by 911 service, after the treatment i went home. Now Hospital and Township Ambulance service sending me the bills, i have no insurance with me, i asked hospital and others to send it to the car owner, since i am a pedestrian,now i feeling some pain in my Arm, but Car owners Insurance company is not responding well for my claims and Hospital and township service bills

Attorney Answers 11

  1. You should immediately seek the advice and counsel (most offer free consultations) with a local personal injury attorney. Although I practice in Florida (and am admitted in D.C.) my number is 407-883-2618 and I'd be happy to answer any questions. From your question I gather you were a pedestrian when struck and again, immediately seek the advice and counsel of an attorney in your area.

  2. Depending on how the accident happened, the car owner may be liable for your medical expenses, lost income and pain suffering. If New Jersey is a "no fault" state, you would have to get a local lawyers opinion on how pedestrian accidents are handled under that system. It would be agood idea to consult a good New Jersey personal injury lawyer.

    Good luck.

  3. Bottom line is you need a personal injury lawyer to handle this for you. What were your injuries?

  4. New Jersey Personal Injury - Auto Accident - Pedestrian Injury - Personal Injury Protection - By Patrick Amoresano: There are special procedures and paperwork for the payment of medical bills arising from an auto accident. If you contact an experienced New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney for a free consultation, he will be happy to explain those procedures to you and give you guidance going forward.

  5. You alone are responsible for your medical bills. No one else will pay them for you. You have to file a claim with the at fault driver that hit you, prove your claim, and receive compensation. You definitely need to hire a personal injury lawyer. Give me a call at 678-453-8554.

  6. You need to consult a personal injury attorney ASAP to help you with your claim and properly investigate the incident. Best of Luck.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  7. You need a personal injury attorney today!

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  8. A personal injury attorney, whether myself or someone else can take care of this for you. You may need continued treatment as well.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

  9. The "car owner" is not at this time responsible for your medical bills. You have to submit it to your own car insurance if you have any, (even though you were a pedestrian ) or the car insurance of a household resident related to you by blood or marriage. If you have none of that THEN and ONLY then you will need to apply for PLIGA benefits by filling out their application within 180 days from the accident date. By the way, you have two years to sue or forever be barred. Or just call 1800 car crash.
    Good luck.

  10. If you do own a vehicle required to be insured and do not reside with a resident relative who has auto insurance, you may be eligible for a special fund administered by PLIGA in order to help you pay for medical bills. If you need assistance in evaluating your claim, please do not hesitate to contact our office for more information regarding the process.

  11. You need to speak with an a lawyer experienced in personal injury matters. The first question that needs to be answered is: do you own a motor vehicle, or reside with a family member who owns a motor vehicle? If so, you may be eligible to receive No-Fault benefits from that policy under pedestrian PIP. If you did not own a motor vehicle, and did not reside with anyone who owned a motor vehicle, you would have to file an application with NJPLIGA for benefits. There is a time limit of 90 days to do this. The next question is: have you obtained the police report? If so, what does it say? If it indicates the vehicle that struck you was at fault, you may have a claim for personal injuries against the tortfeasor. If you need any other information, please feel free to contact me.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics