Skip to main content

How do I claim damages for medical advice and direction that eventually cost me a kidney?

Atlanta, GA |

I was receiving services at Life Chiropractic Clinic in Marietta ga and was advised that I may have a gallstones based on the xray films theh took. I took the xrays to a GI doc who ordered a sonagram? and said I didn't have a gallstone. I eventually lost my kidney because the image actually was a kidney stone that blocked my ureter.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. I am sorry that you lost your kidney. You need to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for an attorney in your community. It is important to act as soon as possible because there are specific statute of limitations that apply to medical malpractice claims. Best of luck.

  2. I would make an appointment with a local med mal. attorney as soon as possible. good luck!

  3. I agree with my colleagues. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney. Remember there is a limited time that you can bring a claim, so do not delay.

    I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

  4. I'm sorry to hear about your kidney. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  5. Sounds like he may very well have misread the sonagram and/or failed to order proper testing like blood work. Ive handled similar cases and practice in Atlanta. Call me and id be glad to review your case. 706-829-6229 cell.

  6. Based upon the few facts that you have provided so far, your situation certainly warrants meeting with an experienced malpractice attorney. My office handles medical malpractice matters and we would be very happy to consult with you in person at no cost to you. We are located in Marietta. 678.401.8894

    This answer is for general purposes only and does not create an attorney/client or confidential relationship which can only be created by a written and signed retainer agreement.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics