How do I change my birthday on my passport?

Seattle, WA |

I was born in a different country and I got my naturalization papers years ago. I recently got my birth certificate from my country and want to change my birthday. I changed my birthday for DL, SSA. I turned in the form to change my passport providing my birthday certificate and naturalization paper, but the birthday on the those two don't match. Is there anyway to change my birthday on my passport by going to court?

1. It is sometimes possible to change the date of birth on a naturalization certificate by showing that the mistake was innocent. If you can change the naturalization certificate, then it should be possible to also change the passport. This can only be done by going to court. You should consult with a knowledgeable immigration attorney with litigation experience.

Scott D. Pollock
    Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
    105 W. Madison, Suite 2200
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 444-1940
    fax: (312) 444-1950
    e-mail: spollock@lawfirm1.com
    internet: www.lawfirm1.com

Please visit our renovated website at www.lawfirm1.com, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features.

2. This might be a very tricky situation. We have had a similar situation in our office where we petition the State Department to change the birthday. Unfortunately it did not work because all the immigration documents reflected a different birthday. You want to make sure that they do not claim you lied on any application, therefore, get a good lawyer to analyze the case before you try to change the birth date.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief
    http://peerallylaw.com
    37600 Central Ct, Ste 201, Newark CA 94560
    Phone: 510.742.5887
    Email: info@peerallylaw.com

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act based solely on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.