How do I change back to my maiden name when it was not on the decree of my divorce? and is it expensive? Helena from Califronia

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sylmar, CA

I was divorced in 1997 and the decree does not have on there the right to go back to my maiden name how do I do that in California and is it expensive? or can I just do a name change back to my maiden name?

1. Tobie Brina Waxman

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Petitioner for name change http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/nc100.pdf

2. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

1

4

Answered . At this point you can do it through a civil process, no need to reopen the divorce.

3. Michael Raymond Daymude

2

1

Answered . See this guide: http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-namechange.htm

Or, you can just start using your maiden name again.

4. Donald Frederick Conviser

1

1

Answered . Easy: File a FL-395 EX PARTE APPLICATION FOR RESTORATION OF FORMER NAME AFTER ENTRY OF JUDGMENT.