How do I change a sole proprietor llc to a partnership llc in Oklahoma

Asked over 1 year ago - Purcell, OK

I started my company last year and couple months into it I had investors and made them 5% partners. we did all the paperwork legally to change it but we never called IRS to change it from sole to partnership. can I call IRS now to get it switched even though it is the next fiscal year?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. R. Russell O'Rourke

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . My recommendation is that you call a local business attorney to help you. You did the work to start the company yourself last year and have already run into an unanticipated problem that a lawyer would have likely foreseen and properly advised you of then.

    Check on Avvo for a business attorney in your area. They are well worth the investment.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. The answers provided by R. Russell O’Rourke, Attorney-at-Law... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,950 answers this week

3,182 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,950 answers this week

3,182 attorneys answering