Skip to main content

How do I change a condition of my probation

Aurora, CO |

I have a conviction for a DUI and I'm meeting all the requirements and paying the fines. There just one problem . My probation officer has ordered me to take three random breathalyzers a week, I fly for an airline and there is no way I can do that. I'm gone 4-6 days a week and I do not want to be in violation of my parole. A

Attorney Answers 4

  1. If you can not work it out with the probation officer, you may take it up with the judge.

  2. You will probably need to file a Motion to Amend the Terms and Conditions of Probation with the court.

  3. I agree with the other attorneys here. Get some documentation of your schedule and try and work it out with your PO. Otherwise fiile a motion with the judge.

  4. One option is to explain your work situation to your PO (which they should know since you have to report any traveling to them) and request a Smart Start Mobile Unit. That way you can take the machine with you wherever your travels take you.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics