Skip to main content

How Do I Cancel Child Support In Florida?

Saint Cloud, FL |

3 Years ago I put my sons father on child support, a year later we got back to together and now I would like to cancel the child support. We are married now and they revoked his license for not paying but it makes no sense for him to pay if we're married and live together. I need to know what motion I need to file to cancel the support? We live in Osceola county, FL

Attorney Answers 1


You are correct in that if you are married and living together, he should not be paying child support. I presume the child support was through the Department of Revenue. If so, you need to go down to the local child support enforcement office and tell them that you want to do a letter of satisfaction for any existing child support arrearages due to you guys getting married and currently living together, and also do a statement terminating ongoing child support due to the same reasons. That should clear things up.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics