How do I cancel a hearing with Family Court?

Asked about 1 year ago - Helmetta, NJ

I recently filed a Motion for a non oral argument asking to relocate my children to another state. The hearing is set for October 25th. I want to cancel this hearing as I know my ex husband has hired an attorney and I do not have one and basically know I don't have a shot at winning. How do I cancel this with the court? Also, I thought that since I had requested a non oral argument that neither one of us was required to be there. Are we able to attend this hearing if we wanted to?

1. Philip Smith Burnham II

Pro

2

1

Answered . If the other party has not responded or filed a Cross-Motion to your Motion, you can withdraw your Motion. You should immediately go the family Court on Monday (you might be able to call them today before 4:30 pm) and withdraw the Motion.

2. Stephen C. Cooper

1

Answered . If a hearing date is scheduled for October 25th, I suggest you attend, and ask for appointed counsel if you cannot afford one. If no "hearing" has been scheduled, no appearance is necessary. Check whatver notice you received or call the clerk.