How do I calculate household size for I-864 ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicopee, MA

My mother-in-law is my joint sponsor, because my wife currently is not working. I need to know how to calculate household size because my mother-in-law lives with my sister-in-law. My sister-in-law does not economically depend upon her, because she's receiving disability benefits. She is 46 and unmarried. Do I still include her in household side for I-864 affidavit of support? My wife also has to fill out an I-864. Do I still need to be in her household size as well, even though she is not my joint sponsor?

1. Lachezar Vanchev

Best Answer

Answered . No, unless your mother in law lists her as a dependent. You are in your wife's household as well. If you have a joint sponsor, your wife's income doesn't really matter. But she still needs to prepare an affidavit of support.

2. George Ellis Corson IV

Answered . I usually look around the breakfast table and count heads. I will transfer you into the Immigration Section in case they have a more exact method.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The form itself tells you who gets counted.