How do I bring a lawsuit against my significant other for fraud, forgery and misappropriation of my money says she loves me?

Asked over 2 years ago - Albuquerque, NM

Used my bank to fulfill a life style I provided lost her job due do drinking on job, asks me to support her saying she loves me, (directly after losing job and while I was ready to leave) while being caught cheating. I forgave, but continued, and also paid for her criminal defense, her car her house mortgage, as well as her daughters bills. Forged checks, used my bank card w/o my knowledge. Then when I stopped kicked me to the curb and said she would not pay for the money that I loaned. I Paid for her to live the way I live. Now I done can I suit for recovery of the money I provided. She made no effort to secure a job. Just wanted me to support her. She is a Narcissist!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have to speak to a civil litigator about a case like this. If she did things without your permission or consent, you can attempt to press charges.

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a... more
  2. Michael Lawrence Doyle


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The only criminal activity appears to be if you can prove she forged the checks. You can contact the local police and DA to pursue this. You can also pursue a civil suit, which would be more likely to be successful, to recover money loaned to her. The major issue would be proving that these were loans instead of gifts.

Related Topics

Criminal charges for theft

Theft is taking someone's property without his or her consent. Theft includes, but is not limited to, shoplifting, taking someone's mail, and stealing a car.

Criminal charges for forgery

Forgery involves the making or modifying of documents or materials in the hopes of deceiving someone or to make money through the selling of fake documents.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,311 answers this week

2,696 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,311 answers this week

2,696 attorneys answering