How do I begin a lawsuit for defamation and slander/libel that caused me to get fired?

Asked 8 months ago - San Angelo, TX

An unknown co-worker made a false claim that I was making threats in the workplace. I was brought in to meet the company HR. I firmly explained these allegations are false, and asked who made them as I intended to get a lawyer. The guy told me no lawyer can make him say who it was and that if any other reports come in I will be fired. Recently I was visited by agents of the FBI and Secret Service who told me calls came in that I was making threats to kill the president and was making bombs. These further false allegations resulted in the company HR to call me and inform me I was now fired. How do I file a suit against this person if my former employer refuses to say who they are?

Pro

2

Answered . You can find a local defamation lawyer in your city by using Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. Good luck.