How do i become a class member of certified class action suit against countrywide

Asked over 4 years ago - Clearwater, FL

I had posted the question with regards to if there was a class action suit against countrywide and I still don't know. Thank you

1. Pamela A Wilson

Answered . A Florida class action attorney should be able to do a search on Pacer, a federal court website that requires a subscription, to find suits in which Countrywide is named as a defendant. Call one and ask for help if you can't find the information you are looking for online.
    Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Stephen J. Kennedy

Answered . If the class has been certified by the court, the certification order would typically define who is included -- and who is not included -- in the class. Frequently, a "Notice of Class Action Suit" will be sent to members of the class, giving them a choice whether to (1) remain "in" the class (usually, by doing nothing) or (2) "opt out" of the class by returning a form stating that you don't want to be part of the class. Did you receive such a notice? If so, read it carefully and follow the directions. If not, you may want to check the court files or contact an attorney to do so. Note: I am not a Florida attorney so I cannot give you any advice about Florida law.

3. Steven Gregory Pearl

Answered . I agree with Mr. Kennedy, but would add that you should be able to find information about the law suit online. Do a google or other internet search, and you should be able to find the attorneys representing the class members. They should be your first point of contact. Best of luck.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Beth Ann Klein

Pro

Answered . There are many actions against countrywide. Some involve mortgages, and others involve credit cards and other lending practices.

There are a number of websites that you can find using a Google search to fild the class actions that have been filed and their nature. Without further information, it is difficult to direct you to a case.