How do i beat a possesion of a controlled substance on the drug bust of a house when I wasn't there?

Houston, TX |

I was arrested from a traffic stop and driven back to the house where the drug bust was conducted.

1. Contact an attorney who practices criminal law. Attend a consultation and develop the facts more. You may have a good case, depending upon the facts associated with the search. Keep in mind this site is not confidential, so it is important you find an attorney you can speak with in person.

My responses provided on this site are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Furthermore,I encourage to personally visit with myself or another attorney in order to gain more clarification.

2. Nobody on this site can answer your question with what you've given us. A successful defense is very fact-specific and you need to consult with an experienced criminal lawyer. I suggest you do so quickly, since evidence isn't held forever and waiting may cause you to lose various avenues to fight your case.

*** The fact that you solicited advice over a public forum waives any attorney-client privilege thus far. In addition, communications over this forum do not create any attorney-client relationship. To have a privileged conversation and/or establish an attorney-client relationship, contact me using the following information: Peyton Z. Peebles III Capitaine, Shellist, Peebles & McAlister, LLP, 713-715-4500 (office) 713-715-4500 (cell) Peebles@TexasLegalTeam.net www.TexasLegalTeam.net

3. You need a defense attorney who regularly handles drug cases. It usually doesn't matter that you werent in the house when the raid began. Your attorney can review the state's evidence with you and let you know your options from there.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

Traffic tickets topics