How do I avoid my license getting cancelled ??

Asked about 2 years ago - Baltimore, MD

I got a speeding ticket an year ago in NY upstate. I had a FL driving license then. I was fined and was not informed if there were any points on my license (I assumed there were). Later, since my parents moved to MD permanently, I have changed my license to MD state. Now, after a year later, I came to know that I have received a letter from FL DMV to my old FL address stating order of cancellation of my license for a indefinite period due to failure to take basic driving improvement class that I was not even aware of being informed of. I was only lucky enough to have been informed that I received at least this letter. The letter stated that the cancellation is to be in effect from July 23rd. Please suggest me what can be done. I do not want to hold the record of having my license cancelled

1. Sarah Lynn White

5

Answered . Florida can suspend your right to drive in Florida and this may well impact your license in Maryland due to interstate compacts. You should contact an attorney in Florida to help you clear up your license issues there.

2. William N. Chambers

3

Answered . As you have changed your license to Maryland I do not think Florida would have the power to suspend your Maryland driver's license. However to avoid any possible hits to your insurance I'd contact a Maryland Speeding Ticker/Traffic court attorney to discuss this further.

3. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

3

Answered . The state talk to one another about drivers licences. the states have an "interstate compact"

One or more answers have been taken down.