How do I ask for a new judge?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boise, ID

I believe my current judge will have issues with the a court contempt issue for current Parenting Plan, the education I am receiving now, my previous employers (attorneys) and that many of my instructors are attorneys. How do I ask for a new judge? or What forms will I need to file to request a new judge

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Paula Brown Sinclair

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Under the Idaho Rules of Civil Procedure, you would need to disqualify your present judge for cause. This is an extremely difficult task, and a rigorous proof that the judge cannot independently and fairly rule on your case is required. The factors you itemize would very unlikely not even come close. Then when the judge denies your disqualification motion, you are left without any of the natural good will judges afford a party when proceedings are commenced.

    Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,429 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,429 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering