How do I apply to become executor of an Estate without a Will in the ?

Christiansted, VI |

I have 5 other siblings

1. If there is no Will, you can't be an executor. The estate would go into intestate administration in the jurisdiction where the deceased person lived. There are very specific rules for who is eligible and how to apply. They differ somewhat from place to place. Even the court where proceedings are brought differs. In NY we have a Surrogate's Court, most states have a Probate Court. I have no idea about the VI, if that is where the estate would be located. If the estate is substantial, contact a probate lawyer in the jurisdiction where the parson died for information. If the estate is small, contact the clerk of the court for information.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

Wills and estates topics