How do I apply for DACA without birth certificate or passport?

Asked over 1 year ago - Alameda, CA

I'm undocumented child that came to the USA before the age of sixteen. I'm an adult now but not above the age of thirty.

1. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Possibly.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Carol Anne Jasinski

4

Answered . Hi: I changed the practice area on your question to immigration. I believe that is where you will get a better answer.

3. Robert Edward Myers

4

Answered . You should get your birth certificate and a passport. You can usually get both at the consulate from the country in which you were born. You would need to otherwise be eligible, from your post, you mention that you meet 2 of the requirements but there are a couple other requirements.

4. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

2

Answered . The requirements for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals are here, read closely and seek assistance from an excellent attorney with experience who has done a lot of DACA cases. See link below.

http://www.uscis.gov/childhoodarrivals

If you take a close look at the website and instructions, you will find a list of documents for proof of identity:

Passport or national identity document from your country of origin
    Birth certificate with photo identification
    School or military ID with photo
    Any U.S. government immigration or other document bearing your name and photo

If you do not have these documents, you will need some way to prove your identity. If you can, get a family member or other person to go to the Vital Statistics office or government records depository in your country of origin to obtain a CERTIFIED copy of your birth certificate . Once you have that you can go to the foreign consulate here in the US from your country of origin and try to obtain a passport. Consult with an excellent attorney to help you with any of these issues, do NOT try to file DACA by yourself and you will also need to confirm you are in fact eligible and it makes sense for you to apply. It is not for everyone and depends on discretionary factors as well; Search Avvo.