How do I Appel a judges desion on my son? He

Asked 10 months ago - Fitchburg, MA

My ex and her boyfriend kept my son from me for a year and a half. I filled in probate they allowed me to see my son for 10 days straight, then I was ordered to give him back to the mother and I just got the order today and it says I get to visit him once a week on Sundays. How would I appeal this?

1. David Scott Carron

1

Answered . Talk to an attorney and file that ASAP. You have a very limited amount of time to do so. You need to have a point of law that the judge ruled upon erroneously. In matters of discretion the trial judge has a wide amount of latitude and deference in their rulings.

2. Michael L Rich

1

Answered . If you cannot afford a lawyer because your income and family size puts you at 125% of the federal poverty guideline, you might be able to get an attorney from the legal services helpline. Search Find Legal Aid. The Massachusetts Bar Association, Worcester County Bar Association and several others have lawyer referral services with pro bono or reduced fee panels. If you are able to come up with a significant initial advance fee deposit, many lawyers will take a case with a payment plan.

As far as how to appeal, that question is answered to some extent in the statutes and rules I have linked below.

3. A J. Williams

Pro

1

Answered . Your question is too involved to be answered her. You need an attorney to assist you.