How do I answer a Form interrogatories, Special Interrogatoes & Request for admissions?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Long story short, debt collector purchased an old account (They bought it from the original creditor) & tried to sue me for it even though SOL has expired and they are aware of this! They hired an attorney and served me a summons. I answered summons and now they sent me more paperwork. My answer was w general denial. This is a limited civil case. How do I proceed with this? Any information will help. Do not want to hire an attorney because the case amount is less than $2500. Thanks!

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The simplest response is to answer the questions asked. Some of the questions might be objectionable, but it is impossible for anyone on AVVO to tell you that. Either answer the questions to the best of your ability, or hire an attorney to help you provide the answers.

  2. Scheherazade B Rastegar-Djavahery

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . I agree with counsel and recommend that you contact an attorney for assistance. You can retain an attorney to help you on a flat fee, limited scope basis so you aren't spending more than the case is worth in attorney's fees. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,170 answers this week

2,882 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,170 answers this week

2,882 attorneys answering