Skip to main content

How do I (Indian citzn) reopen bogus exparte divorce case in US against a US citizen spouse and on what visa can I fight this?

Boise, ID |

My husband, a US citizen has acquired an ex parte divorce decree without intimation to me and by fraud in a US court. He has also changed his residence and job and gone into hiding. I want to bring his fraud in the open in the court and also want all my legal rights to alimony. How can I re open this case and on what visa can I fight this case? Is there a time limit to re open this case?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Hire a divorce lawyer to file to reopen it.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. I agree with the above attorney's advice

    the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics