How do I (Indian citzn) reopen bogus exparte divorce case in US against a US citizen spouse and on what visa can I fight this?

Boise, ID |

My husband, a US citizen has acquired an ex parte divorce decree without intimation to me and by fraud in a US court. He has also changed his residence and job and gone into hiding. I want to bring his fraud in the open in the court and also want all my legal rights to alimony. How can I re open this case and on what visa can I fight this case? Is there a time limit to re open this case?

Hire a divorce lawyer to file to reopen it.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

to hire a lawyer, does one have to be present in person or can it be done from out of US? If to be present in person then what visa shall one apply for?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

You can get a b2. Stephen Berman Attorney at Law Immigration Attorneys, LLP 8989 N. Port Washington Rd., Ste 201 Milwaukee, WI 53217 Tel. 414.939.8099 Fax 414.939.8098 Sent from my wireless device This e-mail and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the named addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error please immediately notify the sender, at Immigration Attorneys, LLP by sending a reply e-mail or by phoning the sender at 312.661.9100 and permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any printout thereof. Thank you.

I agree with the above attorney's advice

the information provided above is for information purposes only and you should consult an attorney for specific answers to your case