How do I "file" grand larceny charges against my ex husband?

Asked over 1 year ago - Springfield, VA

My ex is in possession of an automobile worth about $5K. It is kept in a locked garage at his vacation home in Virginia. It is titled in my name only. My attorneys asked for it to be returned, which was ignored by him. I cannot "take" it, since I could be charged with B&E. the car was NOT listed in the settlement agreement and my requests have been completely ignored by him.
I was told by the local sheriff's office that he can be charged with larceny.
1. I need to proceed with getting the car back. I'm concerned with the liability since it's titled to me and he has the mental make-up of someone that is spiteful.
2. I'm concerned that he will destroy it or have it "disappear". He already has a criminal record and thinks the law does not pertain to him.

Suggestions??

1. Kaveh Noorishad

2

Answered . Contact your local law enforcement agency (e.g., Fairfax County Police). They will tell you what your options are, including issuing a warrant for his arrest.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . You don't 'file' anything. You call police. Report the theft. They and the Commonwealth's Attorney's office will decide if they will file criminal charges, or leave the matter for a civil action. Best of luck to you.