How do I collect late fees from tenant

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Late rent fees

Tenant is always late by 8 days every month

Your lease must provide you with the right to late fees. Even if it does, you may have waived yoru right by continually accepting rent without charging late fees. Otheriwse, it's enforceable with a 7-day notice to tenant.

What kind of agreement do you have?

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here. Please visit my web site: for more information about my services.

Typically these terms would need to be in the lease but you do need to be careful as to whether you have waived any rights to collect. I would suggest speaking with an attorney and letting them review your lease.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant