How do I?

Saint Paul, MN |

Is there any way to reopen a child protection case and if there is how I go about doing it?

It depends on the result of the case. If the matter resulted in a termination of parental rights, then the answer is no. If the result was a transfer of custody or some sort of long term foster care, then the answer is maybe.

To go about doing it, you should contact an attorney to see what your options are. This is most certainly not something someone should do by themselves.

I cannot afford an attorney. The results of the case was shared legal custody between my ex wife nd her mother. CPA said that it was up to family court to decide if I could see my daughter because there was a dissolution case pending till the chips case was closed. I was told during court for the dissolution by my exs council that the chips case would need to be reopened. I did have a court appointed council would he be the one to talk to about reopening the case or would I have to get new council? I am very low Income cuz off my ex domestically assaulting me nd I got a fractured vertibrae on my spine nd can't work but ssi won't accept me. My income is only GA

I agree with counsel regarding both the termination of parental rights and foster care situations. If your rights were terminated you likely are out of luck.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Child custody topics