How do I?

Asked about 1 year ago - Saint Paul, MN

Is there any way to reopen a child protection case and if there is how I go about doing it?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian Ryan Peterson

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on the result of the case. If the matter resulted in a termination of parental rights, then the answer is no. If the result was a transfer of custody or some sort of long term foster care, then the answer is maybe.

    To go about doing it, you should contact an attorney to see what your options are. This is most certainly not something someone should do by themselves.

  2. Matthew Thomas Majeski


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with counsel regarding both the termination of parental rights and foster care situations. If your rights were terminated you likely are out of luck.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,890 answers this week

2,967 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,890 answers this week

2,967 attorneys answering