How do I?

Saint Paul, MN |

Is there any way to reopen a child protection case and if there is how I go about doing it?

1. It depends on the result of the case. If the matter resulted in a termination of parental rights, then the answer is no. If the result was a transfer of custody or some sort of long term foster care, then the answer is maybe.

To go about doing it, you should contact an attorney to see what your options are. This is most certainly not something someone should do by themselves.

2. I agree with counsel regarding both the termination of parental rights and foster care situations. If your rights were terminated you likely are out of luck.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Child custody topics